Win Prizes !
Free Music !
Free Tablature !
Image6.jpg (16565 bytes) Win Prizes !
Free Music !
Free Tablature !


Volume 6, Number 10
March 8, 2001
Editor: Joseph Trainor


A 45-year-old man in Malaysia vanished on Tuesday evening,
February 20, 2001, and his wife and family say he was abducted
by aliens.

"A woman told police" in Tambunan, Keningan district, Malaysia
"that her husband became 'invisible' right before her eyes and
has not been seen since he vanished."

"Keningan district police chief, Deputy Superintendent Abdul
Hadi Baharudin, confirmed that the report was lodged by a
housewife who said her husband, hospital attendant Yabi
Gistubod, 45, had gone missing."

"However, he declined to give details of the police report
saying that they only have been confirmed as a missing-persons

"'Like all missing-persons cases, we have flashed the
information to all OCPDs (local Malaysian police
departments--J.T.) and are seeking the help of the village
committee to help track Yabi,' he said."

"Mainis Gampat, mother of eight children, claimed that Yabi
suddenly became invisible and vanished into thin air before her
eyes just before dinner on" Tuesday, February 20, 2001.

"'We haven't been able to locate him since then,' she told
reporters at her home in Kampung Kepayan Baru."

"She claimed that it was the second time her husband had

"In the last incident, which occurred two days before his
second disappearance (i.e. Sunday, February 18, 2001--J.T.)
Mainis said Yabi was found sitting in a bush in a stupor. They
sent him for a medical checkup, and he was found to be in good

"Yabi's brother-in-law, Mahat Kulimpang, said Yabi had spoken
to him of an encounter with a man whom he claimed as an 'alien'
with a square body."

"'Yabi told me that the alien wanted him to go to a strange
place,' Mahat said."

"He (the alien--J.T.) claimed that Yabi had always wanted to go
to that place."

"'The night before Yabi disappeared, he was wearing white, and
his feet were not touching the ground. When I touched his shirt,
it slowly turned black and he soon passed out,' claimed Mahat,
who seemed puzzled by the phenomenon."

"Police, however, are not ready to comment on the family memb
statements, saying only that they were searching for Yabi."

The case took a strange twist 11 days later, on Friday night,
March 2, 2001 when Yabi suddenly returned--just as mysteriously
as he had left.

""A man whose family claimed he was abducted by aliens has
returned home after 11 days."

Yabi "was seen walking toward his home in Kampung Kepayan Baru
as dogs broke out barking at 10:30 p.m. on Friday."

"He keeps his eyes closed most of the time and communicates
with his wife, Mainis, in sign language."

"Doctors found him physically well and have referred him for
psychiatric treatment. He is currently under observation in the
district hospital."

"'I thank God he is back. I thank everyone who helped in the
search for my husband,' said Mainis, who reported to police that
her husband vanished right in front of her eyes after dinner on
February 20."

Deputy Supt. Abdul Hadi Baharudin "said yesterday (Sunday,
March 4, 2001) that they would record Yabi's statement after he
completed his medical treatment."

"'We are happy that he was found. We don't know where he went
or why he left but he seemed to have returned the same way he
left,' " Baharudin said.

According to Baharudin, "family members told Tambunan police
that they heard dogs barking and on checking they found Yabi
coming out of a forested area, about 150 meters (500 feet) from
his house."

"Yabi was wearing the same white shirt and trousers he was last
seen in, police said."

(See the Malaysian newspaper The Star for February 27, 2001,
"Wife sees husband 'vanish.'" and for March 5, 2001, "Man who
'vanished' reappears near home." Many thanks to Gerry Lovell
for forwarding these newspaper articles.)

(Editor's Comment: Welcome to Alien Week at UFO Roundup. Don't
go away, readers. There are more ETs to come.)


A couple's first date turned into a terrifying encounter with
two aliens on the outskirts of the city of Angol in Chile.

Forest technician Ingrid Amalia Sperperg Sepulveda, 26, of
Angol, and Patricio Andres Vallejos, 26, who lives in La
Serena, first met in a chat room. On Friday, February 16, 2001,
Patricio "accepted her invitation and told her that he would
arrive on the 8:30 p.m. bus."

Meanwhile, Ingrid asked one of her workmates, a 40-year-old
Angol woman who declined to be identified in the newspaper, if
she would serve as the couple's chauffeur that evening. The
woman agreed and drove Ingrid to the bus station in her car.

"After driving around the city for a while, they decided to go
to a lookout located on the outskirts of the city to show the
visitor (Patricio) an interesting sight--a beautiful view of
Angol, its lights blazing in the night."

"At around 10:55 p.m., they reached the location known as El
Mirador, one kilometer (0.6 miles) to the southeast of Angol,
and known to local residents as Las Pinas."

The overlook encompasses a small cliffside park with a driveway
and parking lot paved with riprap stones.

"Unlike other nights, there were no other vehicles in the
vicinity, only the immensity of the wilderness and the starry
sky lit with a gibbous moon. The driver parked her vehicle four
meters (13 feet) away from an iron gate adorned with
cartwheels, which guards the entrance to a field studded with
pine and eucalyptus trees.."

Leaving the vehicle, "Ingrid and Patricio walked some 20 meters
(66 feet) to the place from which it is possible to see Angol
at night, while the driver waited beside her vehicle. "

"Looking toward the field, Ingrid and Patricio could see a
white light rising in a vertical line 150 meters (500 feet)
away. At first the couple thought the light was level with the
ground, but then they realized that it was at a 45 degree

"The woman who had remained beside the car then joined the
couple, and the trio witnessed that the beam of light spread
open like a fan, displaying an orange hue at the base, yellow
further up, then red and finally the upper stage in a soft
violet tone."

"'It lit up everything for some 40 meters (132 feet) around.
The iron gate, all the depressions, the green of the trees and
shrubs could clearly be seen,' the witnesses said."

"In its fan-like position, the object began to move slowly in a
horizontal direction, without varying its lights. The witnesses
were able to behold the phenomenon for three or four minutes."

"'I was quite frightened at the time. My friends enjoyed the
whole spectacle but I felt fear and went back to the car. I
don't like seeing strange things, and I'm skeptical about UFOs,'
Ingrid said."

"While she was in the car, Ingrid tried to light a cigarette
but her nervousness kept her from doing so. Seeing her
nervousness, the vehicle's owner returned to the car and spoke
to her. She tried to open the front right door but the dome
light wouldn't work. She had to turn it on manually,' Ingrid

"While the event occurred, Patricio and the driver had remained
outside the vehicle, and they had heard a sound similar to two
bells, which repeated itself with a certain regularity. After
the UFO vanished, all three friends began to discuss" what had
just occurred.

"'I insisted that we should go home. Patricio tried to calm me
down, saying that it was all over. Patricio asked me to come
out of the car, and after getting out I stood to the right of
the car. My friend (the driver) stood to the left,' Ingrid

While they talked about the UFO, Ingrid "heard a noise similar
to the sound of metal being dragged across riprap. 'That's when
I looked up, and behind the iron gate were two figures. They
were 1.6 meters (5 feet, 2 inches) tall, dark and slight. They
weren't walking. They were dragging themselves along.'"

"'The beings' faces, hands and legs couldn't be seen, and they
resembled shadows, with a tunic that covered their slight

"'When I saw them, I looked at Patricio, who was about to ask
what was happening. At first I thought it must be people as I
struggled to find a rational explanation as to what was going
on. I heard the sound of metal. I'm sure the figure on the left
carried something strange, two metallic rods, but I don't know
what they were.,' said Ingrid."

"The beings stopped about a meter behind the gate, and at that
moment, the one of the left phased through the gate and into
the presence" of Patricio, Ingrid and the driver. The small
alien "then did a walk-around, turned around and re-entered the
field. After it rejoined the other being, the two entities
turned around and walked away down the riprap road" leading back
into the field.

"After they had walked about two meters, the vehicle's owner
turned on the car's high beams (headlights--J.T.) but the
entities had already disappeared as if they had made themselves
invisible to the car's lights." Although the event "left her
speechless, Ingrid 'told Patricio and my friend to please get
us back home.'"

"While none of the witnesses communicated with the entities,
the women claim having heard the entity" that came beyond the
gate "making noises similar to speech. The witnesses also agree
that a strange element raised the local temperature and made
them feel extremely warm. 'It was as if the heat was
concentrated in the space where we stood,' Ingrid said."

"A further detail was added--an odd smell, like burning wiring,
filled the air." (See the newspaper Diario de Temuco for
February 25, 2001, "A shocking UFO encounter!" Muchas gracias a
Scott Corrales, autor de los libros Chupacabras and Other
Mysteries y Forbidden Mexico y tambien Gloria Coluchi para eso
articulo de diario.)

(Editor's Comment: Next time, Patricio, take her to see The
Wedding Planner.)


Ancient ruins, willow and eucalyptus trees dot the Butaco
Valley. Over the past few months, UFOs have been seen in that
location, to the north of Angol, with unusual frequency."

"Pedro Rivas drives his horse-drawn wagon at 6:30 in the
morning and at 10 o'clock at night for the past three years.
But a month ago, as he drove along, he witnessed an incredible

"'There was an enormous thing in the sky that lit up the entire
valley. It was orange in color. My horse was spooked, although
no noise whatsoever could be heard. The thing was very large and
moved very high u. I think it was a thousand meters up,'" Rivas

"The 42-year-old sharecropper states that there was another
(UFO) incident last month."

"Not far from there, Armando Ulises recalls that late last year
(December 2000) he was 'near the willows, by the river bank'
with other people when they witnessed three gigantic circular
objects one evening. The unknown objects formed a very bright
triangle as they traveled."

"'I've only seen it once, but it can't be a satellite or a
star, because how are they going to send three satellites into
space in such an exact position? I don't think it was a star,
either, because the objects were no more than 600 meters (1,890
feet) high.'"

"Seven kilometers (4 miles) into the Butaco Valley is a
sparsely-populated area and one soon reaches a tiny white
wooden chapel. Behind it dwells Maria Concha Rivas de Husiquil,
77, who doesn't like to discuss the oddities she's seen ."

"'Since 1968 we've seen these lights in the sky, but for a long
time we thought we were just seeing things. The last time, my
husband and I saw the shape of a giant humanoid about three
meters (10 feet) tall. We saw him in a straight line from the
house down by the riverside.,' Sra. Husiquil said, 'We didn't
dare take a closer look because it frightened us, and we went
back inside the house.'"

"Her husband, 84-year-old Mario Husiquil, held his head in his
hands and mumbled, 'We don't know what it was, but it was as
large as a giant. It frightened us, and we went straight to bed.
All of the people around here have seen something strange.'"

"According to the locals, there is a large circular
imprint--left behind by a UFO--on one of the local
mountainsides. Local researchers are preparing an expedition to
find this location, which is at some point" in the foothills of
the Andes. (See the newspaper Las Ultimas Noticias for March 2,
2001, "Local residents share strange experiences: Fireballs seen
in Butaco." Otra vez, muchas gracias a Scott Corrales y Gloria
Coluchi, y gracias especiales a Rodrigo Cuadra para eso
articulo de diario.)


The (USA's) Pacific Northwest was rocked Wednesday," February
28, 2001, "by the most powerful earthquake to hit the region in
52 years., a 40-second-long tremor that shattered windows,
crumbled bricks and buckled pavements across Seattle, and
cracked the (state) Capitol dome in Olympia, a dozen miles (19
kilometers) south of the quake's epicenter."

It was the worst earthquake on the USA's Pacific Ocean
coastline since the Northridge, California quake of 1994.

About 400 people "were injured, and officials said property
damage could run into billions of dollars. The quake, which
struck at 10:54 a.m., sent a wave of fright through schools and

"The U.S. Geological Survey said the" earthquake measured 6.8
on the Richter scale and caused "buildings in downtown
Portland, Oregon, 175 miles (285 kilometers) south of Seattle,
to sway for nearly 30 seconds."

In downtown Seattle, bricks fell from the roof of the Starbucks
World Headquarters building, crushing cars in the street below.

About 30 people were trapped in the restaurant atop the Space
Needle. Rescuers freed them a few hours later.

"'Within seconds the whole building was swaying back and forth
and everyone was yelling, 'Get under your desk!' said Novella
Carpenter, a 28-year-old editor at Sasquatch Books, who works on
the second floor of a brick office building" in downtown

"'From under my desk, I watched a hail of concrete, rock chips,
bricks and plaster falling from the upper floors. Afterwards,
we all went out into the street and moved to an open space. We
were afraid of aftershocks."

In Olympia, Wash., the shock chewed up sidewalks, sending
individual blocks poking one meter (3 feet) into the air. "At
the Capitol building in Olympia, Maureen Walsh, a Republican
legislative assistant, watched a large crack spread across her
boss's wall. 'I think what frightened me the most is to realize
that this massive building we are in is all marble and stone and
it was literally just jumping up and down,' she said."

On Saturday, March 3, 2001, engineers announced that the
Capitol roof was very unstable and the building "is

"The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport sustained structural
damage at its control tower and at one of its satellite
terminals." The airport was closed for a few hours, and flights
were diverted to Portland, Ore. and Spokane, Wash.

Robert Ashton, a Minneapolis-based Northwest Airlines pilot,
was taking a shower in a downtown Seattle motel when the
earthquake hit."

"'It was fairly strong. I knew right away what it was,' said
Ashton, a 14-year pilot who divides his time between Washington
state and the Twin Cities" of Minneapolis and St. Paul,
Minnesota The quake "felt almost like an airplane in moderate

In Everett, Wash., north of Seattle, "Tom Doley was at his desk
using a phone in an office building on the ground floor. 'I saw
the floor move a little bit and then they told us all to
evacuate the building,' he said, 'We were out in the street for
about 20 minutes' and then it was 'business as usual.'"

"Cindy Haveman was driving her truck with her two children when
the earthquake struck. 'My truck rocked around as if it were on
waves and then rolled. I couldn't believe it,' said Haveman, 23,
of Ferndale, Wash., about 19 miles (16 kilometers) north of
Seattle. Her two children were not hurt."

"In Renton, Wash., 10 miles south of Seattle, Shannon Mediskey,
25, was at her desk designing Web pages for a software company
when the quake hit."

"''The carpet was rolling like it was water,' she said, 'I ran
to a doorway.'"

Two strong earthquakes also struck in Central America right
after the Seattle quake.

"An earthquake that measured 6.0 on the Richter scale struck
the center of El Salvador Wednesday," February 28, 2001. "The
quake destroyed more buildings in San Pedro Nonualco," which was
heavily hit by an earthquake only four days earlier on
Saturday, February 24, 2001."

The following day, Thursday, March 1, 2001, "an earthquake
measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale rattled a jungle area at
8:35 p.m. According to the Instituto de Seismologia de Panama,
the epicenter was located in the Kuna Yala zona indigena
(Indian reservation), located 125 kilometers (75 miles) west of
Balboa, Panama. The quake collapsed rural houses and toppled
tall trees and caused about 205 injuries and one death." (See
the newspapers Seattle Times, Tacoma News-Tribune, The Olympian
of Olympia, Wash., USA Today, Chicago Tribune, Minneapolis
Star-Tribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press and the Wisconsin State
Journal for March 1, 2001. Also the Duluth, Minn. News-Tribune
for March 4, 2001. Tambem, muito obrigado aos Visitantes
Cosmicas por esas informacoes sobre os terremotos em El Salvador
e Panama.)


Two UFOs visited the Self-Mastery Earth Institute a couple of
days prior to the magnitude-6.8 earthquake that rocked the
state of Washington.

The institute in Trout Lake, Wash., located about 40 miles (64
kilometers) northeast of Portland, Ore. has been the site of
many UFO encounters during the year 2000. The institute is
located right in the middle of the earthquake zone.

Ranch owner James A. Gilliland reported, "Due to the clouds,
rain, snow and subzero temperatures on Mount Adams, there had
not been any sightings lately. But that all changed" Sunday
night, February 25, 2001 "when we saw at approximately 8:30
p.m. on Sunday night, a very large red-colored object flew over
and hovered at around 2,000 feet (600 meters). It was silent,
brilliant red and when we signaled it, the object hovered
directly over the main lodge."

Although the UFO did not communicate with them or provide any
sort of explicit warning about the impending earthquake,
Gilliland said the object's motions were "unsettling."

"Not a good sign," he reported, "The brilliant craft, from our
understanding, is one that we try to avoid if possible. There
were real strange energies all that night, and things did not
feel right."

(Editor's Comment: Very interesting! Could the psychics and
sensitives at the institute have possibly tuned in on the
tectonic stresses building 30 miles (48 kilometers) beneath
their feet, deep within the earth?)

"On Monday night, February 26, 2001, , again around 8 p.m., we
were outside due to a telepathic signal." The psychics were
"feeling a benevolent presence in the area. We looked straight
up over the main lodge and saw a very large golden-white
object, larger than the first (the red UFO--J.T.) coming in
from the north. directly from Mount Adams. It was at a lower
elevation, about 1,500 feet . It went directly over the main
lodge and then disappeared in the exact location as the earlier

(Editor's Note: UFO Roundup received Mr. Gilliland's report 24
hours before the Seattle earthquake.)

Other psychics and seers also successfully predicted the quake.

New Age psychic Veronica Woodruff of Vermont predicted the
Seattle earthquake back in August 2000. Veronica had a vision
of a newspaper headline reading EARTHQUAKE ROCKS SEATTLE,
followed by a terrifying vision of the city's Space Needle
swaying back and forth like the Tilt-A-Whirl at the carnival
(fun fair in UK--J.T.) while people were screaming.

At a motel-based revival meeting in the USA's Upper Midwest in
October 1999, evangelical Christian seers of the Prophecy Club,
based in Topeka, Kansas, had visions of "a strong earthquake in
the Seattle area, causing billions of dollars of damage."

And in 1985, another evangelical, Pastor Langford, saw "a
powerful Northwest earthquake." (Many thanks to James A.
Gilliland. Also to Veronica Woodruff. See also The Prophecy Club
broadcast for October 14, 1999 and the Call to Prophecy
broadcast for September 22, 2000.)

(Editor's Comment: Maybe we should have a Nostradamus Awards
ceremony, like the Oscars, to honor the year's most accurate


A small meteor struck the ground in the city of York in the
United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 28, 2001.

"The small meteorite landed in the back garden of a house in
York. Police said it left a hole one foot (0.3 meters) wide and
three feet (0.9 meters) deep Officials from the Yorkshire Museum
have inspected the hole and confirmed that the object is a

"According to North Yorkshire police, a woman was out walking
her dog in the Hopgrove section of York when she heard a loud
explosion, followed by a rush of air and then saw a smoking
crater in a field opposite the (Motorway) A64."

"Sylvia Mercer was out walking her dog when she heard a strange
banging noise" just before the meteor hit. (See BBC News for
February 28, 2001. Many thanks to Martin Montague for this


On Sunday, February 25, 2001, Elizabeth Wilson saw a bright UFO
near Cheeseman Park in Denver, Colorado.

"I live in a 12-story highrise (apartment building--J.T.) about
25 blocks from downtown Denver," she reported, "My place is
across from Cheeseman Park. I went upstairs at 7:10 p.m., out
onto the roof. And the sky was so clear you could see many
stars. I was just about to go back inside and was looking
straight ahead over the east end of the park when right before
my eyes appeared a UFO. The object was about two blocks away,
also a whitish-blue light that burst into being. I would say it
was the size of maybe two small helicopters. It hovered only
momentarily and then it streaked in a very straight line due
west. When it was about 15 to 20 blocks west of the park, it
disappeared completely and as instantaneously as it had first
appeared." (Email Form Report)


The Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous (NEAR) spacecraft "which
landed on Eros February 12, 2001," concluded its mission on
Friday, March 2, 2--1 "after a two-week mission extension to
gather bonus scientific data from the space rock's surface."

"NEAR sent its last piece of information to NASA's Deep Space
Network Wednesday, February 28, ending a five-year voyage that
exceeded all expectations."

"'This mission has been successful far beyond what was in the
original mission plan,' mission director Robert Farquhar said."

"Besides orbiting the asteroid for a year, NEAR also got photos
of another asteroid--Mathilde--and was the first (Earth)
spacecraft to land on an asteroid."

'All this at no extra cost,' said Farquhar, who is based at
John Hopkins University's Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel,
Maryland. 'When you talk about 'faster, cheaper, better,' this
is 'better.''"

"The $223 million mission, launched in 1996, was expected to
end after its year-long circling of the 21-mile-long
(34-kilometer-long) asteroid, over 196 million miles (315
million kilometers) from Earth."

"Not only did the craft land gently enough that its solar
panels continued to operate, but it continued to send back data
to Earth," which allowed NASA scientists "to receive more data
from the spacecraft's Gamma Ray Spectrometer." (Many thanks to
Steve Wilson for this NASA news release.)


Nevada's Nellis Air Force Base, Groom Lake, better known as
Area 51, and the Tonopah Bombing Range will host the biggest
Allied air maneuvers in years, Exercise Red Flag 01-3.

The exercise will be divided into three training periods, each
one lasting about two weeks. Following morning class work,
pilots from the participating countries fly missions from 1 p.m.
to 10 p.m. over the mountain and desert terrain of southeastern

Red Flag 01-3 involves 120 fighter aircraft and 7,000 personnel
from the six participating countries, plus support cargo
aircraft and helicopters.

Fighter squadrons involved in the training missions include
squadrons from the U.S. Air Force, the UK's Royal Air Force,
France's Armee de l'Air, Germany's Luftwaffe, Spain's Fuerza
Aerea de Espana and the Singapore Air Force.

According to Norio Hayakawa of Groom Watch, "Residents of the
Las Vegas Valley and east of Area 51 are witnessing an increase
of military aircraft during the operation," which began on
Saturday, March 3, 2001.

This week's exercises include USAF F-16 Fighting Falcons, F-15
Eagles, B-52 Stratofortress bombers, E-2 Sentries and KC-135
Stratotankers. Allied aircraft include RAF GR-7 Harriers from
UK, EF-18 Hornets from Spain, Tornados from Germany and F-16s
from Singapore.

"The best viewing for the exercises is at the rear (north) fate
of Area 51," Hayakawa added. (Many thanks to Norio Hayakawa for
this news story.)



Desmond Leslie, author of Flying Saucers Have Landed, passed
away at his home in the south of France last weekend. He was

Leslie came by his interest in the paranormal early in life. He
was born in Castle Leslie, near Glaslough, County Monaghan,
Ireland. The castle "is said to be the most haunted in Ireland
and is best known to researchers of the paranormal for its
levitating bed."

He attended Trinity College, Dublin. When World War Two broke
out in 1929, he joined the RAG and became fighter pilot. His
military career was a little less than spectacular, though.
During the war, he crashed two Supermarine Spitfires and one
Hawker Hurricane. "Famous for his aerial pranks, he was
court-martialed for flying under a bridge and for clipping the
sign off a pub" with his plane's wingtip.

In the early 1950s, Leslie met George Adamski, the first of the
UFO contactees of that era. He questioned Adamski about his
experience in California's Mohave Desert in November 1952, and
wrote Flying Saucers Have Landed. Published two years later,
the book became an international bestseller.

In the 1960s, Leslie continued his paranormal studies and hung
out with rock stars Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull. Leslie
was married twice, first to stage actress Anne Bernelle and
later to Helen Strong, who was with him at the time of his
death. During his final days, he told family and friends that
he was cheerfully "releasing my atoms to Mother Earth, Goddess
Gaia." (See the Irish Independent for March 4, 2001. Many
thanks to Chris Rolfe of UFOMEK for forwarding the obituary.)

 From the UFO Files...


A rare but repititive phenomena in the annals of Forteana is
the fire poltergeist. This is a series of mysterious fires,
usually featuring blue flames, that breaks out spontaneously and
repeatedly in a single house or location.

One of the most famous fire poltergeist cases in USA history
took place in the small town of Bladenvoro, North Carolina in
January 1932.

Mrs. C.W. Williamson, a middle-aged housewife, was wearing a
cotton dress, and it suddenly "unaccountably burst into flames.
She was not standing anywhere near a heater, fireplace or stove.
She was not smoking. She had not saturated her dress with
cleaning fluid or any substance that might have caused

"The flaming dress was torn from her body by her husband and
teenaged daughter. All that remained of the frock was a charred
rag, yet Mrs. Williamson did not suffer a single burn. Neither
did her husband or daughter, although they had ripped the dress
free with their bare hands. Later that same day, a pair of Mr.
Williamson's trousers in a closet were reduced to ashes."

"On the following day, while the family and friends watched, a
bed burst into flames, and the bedclothing was destroyed. A set
of curtains in an unused room burned to ashes. "

"For three days, fires destroyed various objects in the home,
then vanished without spreading to flammable materials lying
below or beside the objects. Witnesses included (Bladenboro)
Mayor J.A. Bridger; Dr. S.S. Hutchinson, the family physician'
and J.B. Edwards," the health agent from Wilmington, N.C.

"The bluish flames, similar to those from a natural gas jet,
consumed materials rapidly without changing color, but without
burning anyone who tried frantically to put them out.. 'There
was no smoke and little odor from the strange flames,'
according to the AP account."

"On the fourth day the (Williamson) family moved out, and the
police moved in. Arson and fire control experts checked the
house for any materials that might cause spontaneous combustion.
They found none. Electricians unsuccessfully searched the
wiring. Gas company experts could locate no leak. Yet the weird
blue flames continued to appear out of thin air under the noses
of the helpless officers."

"'The fires have burned and vanished as if guided by an
invisible hand,' the AP reported, 'There has been no logical

"The fires disappeared on the fifth day. The Williamsons moved
back into their house, somewhat nervously. But they had nothing
more to fear. It was all over." (See the book Mysterious Fires
and Lights by Vincent H. Gaddis, Van Rees Press, New York, N.Y.
1967, pages 188 and 189. Also True Strange magazine for March

Well, that's it for this week. Will the current flurry of alien
sightings continue? We'll find out next week in "the paper that
goes home-- UFO Roundup." See you then!

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2001 by Masinaigan Productions, all
rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup
on their websites or in newsgroups provided that they credit the
newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in
which the item first appeared.

E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor <>
or use the Sighting Report Form at:

March 2001 
Return to UFO Folklore !
 * ****
........................................... . . .. * * **