Win Prizes !
Free Music !
Free Tablature !
Image6.jpg (16565 bytes) Win Prizes !
Free Music !
Free Tablature !


Filer's Files #33 MUFON Skywatch Investigations
George A. Filer, Director, Mutual UFO Network Eastern
August 14, 2001,
Webmaster Chuck Warren

UFOs reported in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Florida, Ohio,
Illinois, Wisconsin, Canada, Australia, England, Turkey and
Belorussia. Cattle mutilations in Texas and Montana.

AIR SAFETY -- Several of these reports again reflect on the
safety of aircraft around the world. UFOs are being observed by
ground and airborne witnesses and confirmed by radar. Near
misses and other high speed maneuvers conducted by UFOs in
approach corridors to our airports represent a potential safety
hazard. UFOs may also cause electromagnetic troubles in
aircraft that affect navigation, guidance, and flight control
systems. Crews report ducking down in the cockpit and taking
evasive action could result in aircraft losses. China and
Mexico have reported actual airborne collisions with UFOs. A
sudden dive by aircraft possibly avoiding a collision like
Egypt Air Flight 900 should be examined in relation to these
UFO reports.


CARTERET -- A new witness claims to have observed the structure
of a large Flying Triangle near Sayerville heading for
Carteret. Witnesses further south along the New Jersey Turnpike
saw aircraft on the normal approach to Newark Airport
apparently being diverted because of the presence of UFOs in
the early morning hours of July 15, 2001. It is normal FAA
procedure to divert aircraft away from potential danger without
confirming the presence of UFOs to the aircrews. Unconfirmed
reports indicate that radar's in the New York area picked up a
series of anomalous targets on the night of July 15, 2001,
between 12:25 to 12:55 AM. These targets roughly match the
ground witnesses testimony of seeing lights over the New Jersey
Turnpike. Dozens of cars came to a stop on the Turnpike to
watch the lights as they passed overhead. Carteret is a very
significant case because it occurred the day after the
successful US antimissile test in the Pacific, the so-called
son of Star Wars. We ! can speculate the multiple UFOs were a
response to this test. Russia is strongly opposed to the
development of this Missile Defense System and their
involvement cannot be ruled out at this time.

Carteret is only ten miles from New York City the home of most
major television networks. Numerous police and fireman were
witnesses and took video of the event, that was shown on many
television broadcasts. New York radar operators indicate that
dozens of anomalous targets were racing around the area. There
are wide variations in speed, altitude, and size. Anomalous
targets are those that are not using transponders that are
required for all normal commercial traffic and identify the
aircraft. The anomalous radar returns were flying too slow or
too fast to be normal aircraft and remain unidentified. So far
to my knowledge the government has not denied the sighting and
no military maneuvers have been acknowledged.

MUFON investigator Bob Durant reports, "In the short time the
lights were displayed on screen, it was obvious that they were
moving right to left at a slow but deliberate angular velocity.
There was no relative movement among the lights. The top of a
house or building, and possibly a chimney on a house, is
visible beneath the lights and offer a reference for their
movement. No stars were visible in the video scene. There were
a total of ten lights, arranged in three groups. Beginning from
the left on the screen, which corresponds with the foremost
lights, we see five lights, then a space, then four lights, a
much longer space, and a single light which brings up the rear
of the moving set. There is no obvious symmetry to either the
groups of five and four lights, or to the entire group of
lights. The lights depicted in the video are large, steady and
white, though there is some slight but perceivable variation in
diameter among them. One of the lights momentarily nearly!
"goes out," diminishing to a tiny point, then resuming its
original size." Thanks to Bob Durant.


PHILADELPHIA -- Truck size cigar shape object over the Blue
Route 476 in the western suburbs. The witness reports, "On
August 10, 2001, at 11:47 AM I was driving to work and directly
ahead of me, a half of a mile or so, I saw an object that
resembled a cigar shape, quickly, zooming over the highway. It
flew over the trees and it disappeared. The craft looked as
though it was about the size of a truck. It seemed to reflect
the sky on the top, and more dark on the bottom half. It was
not high at all, as far as my view, a half mile ahead. It
looked like it was maybe a hundred feet over the highway. If I
were to hold out my arm and clench my fist, the object would be
about half the size of my fist. No one else, as far as I could
see, saw the object. But, because I love looking into the sky,
I am more alert to the stranger objects then most people. This
was not a plane, not a bird, not a helicopter. The object kind
of teetered back and forth as it passed, almost out of con!
trol. Last year, another UFO flew by within a hundred feet from
the ground. Thanks to Peter Davenport at the National Reporting

MCCONNELLSBURG -- "While many people saw the huge fireball
streak across the sky last Monday evening many others are also
reporting seeing a black object with a tail in the western sky
Saturday evening July 29, 2001. Bleachers full of people saw
the object while attending the Grease, Steam and Rust
Association's truck pull at the fairgrounds.

Jane and Bob Lamison of Cooper Lane also saw the object from
their porch Saturday evening at about dusk. They described it
as a large black object with a tail and blinking lights
hovering in the clouds. The object stayed in the same area for
about a half hour. Although not officially identified police
officials said it was probably a surveillance aircraft that the
residents were seeing." The Fulton County News," on August 2,
2001: Thanks to Jon Baughman


ALEXANDRIA - RESTON -- Dennis C. who wrote, "On July 30, 2001,
between 1:00 and 1:20 AM, I sighted something in the western
sky that was pulsating or strobing in 3 to 4 colors. This
object was definitely not an aircraft because it remained
stationary. I attempted to view it using binoculars and a
telescope but was not able to discern a specific shape or
distinctive features. Any visible white light in tiny objects
gets refracted ever so slightly by a possibly damaged
telescope. The strobing appeared as if the object was in
rotation. The colors appeared to include red, green, blue and
yellow, even when viewed with the unaided eye. My wife could
see three colors and she has rather poor night vision, so this
also leads me to believe it was not an aircraft. We both
watched this object for at least 10 minutes until it was fully
obscured by the clouds so it could not have been the
International Space Station. Thanks to Dennis C.and Larry


ST. PETERSBURG -- ISUR reports that. At about 11:30PM on August
10, 2001, the witness, his son and a friend observed a bright
white colored light/object hovering in the sky over St.
Petersburg. The object moved, then reversed it's direction 180
degrees, turned at sharp angles, and zig-zagged in an
incredible manner. At times the object would stop, then move
forward in short pulse like bursts of speed, then hover for
long periods. After about 15 minutes, several jet fighter type
aircraft appeared, believed by the witness to be from nearby
McDill AFB which is about 5 miles east across Tampa Bay.
Witness stated that these jet aircraft appeared to travel a
course to the southeast as if trying to locate something
because they repeated this two more times, but at a higher
altitude. The light/object remained stationary while the jets
flew this pattern. Eventually, it begin to "drift" and then
smaller lights/objects appeared from all directions, they too
drifting, but toward ! the primary object, then all finally
became motionless. These activities continued for over an hour.
Thanks to Tom Sheets, ISUR Board-State Director MUFONGA and D.


BLANCHESTER -- On July 31, 2001, at 11:50 PM, the witness
relates, "I was driving southeast on Route 123, when I saw a
Flying Triangular shaped object. The tips of it were very
smooth and round. There was a white light in each corner and a
bright red light in the middle. It hovered there for about 30
seconds. As I came closer it shot over to the north and came to
a complete dead stop. It didn't start slow or slow down to
stop. It stopped as fast as it went. It just sat there in the
sky perfectly still. It stayed there for about 1 1/2 minutes. I
then turned onto my street and could not see it for a minute
because of trees. Then I saw it hovering over a house. It took
me two minutes to reach my driveway. I couldn't see it anymore
until it shot across the sky tremendously fast. Faster than any
aircraft and be completely silent. It shot over my house, flew
two houses north of mine, and hovered in my neighbor's field.
It wasn't very far from their house. It just sat! there
hovering with no movement or sound, like it was watching me. I
sat in my car for two minutes and watched. I was stunned but
ran into my house to get my video camera, but I had forgotten
to recharge the battery. I was in my house for about a minute
and ran back outside and it was still there. We looked at each
other for about 50-60 seconds and it was gone. It was so smooth
and graceful and never changed altitude or shape. It was larger
than a full moon. Peter Davenport felt she was an excellent and
credible witness.

FRANKLIN -- MUFON OHIO State Director Bill Jones received word
of a sighting that occurred on August 3, 2001, from MUFON's
Scott Arnette in Louisiana. The UFO witness, Mr. Greg Banks of
Franklin, reported he was awakened around 2:00 AM, when a
bright light flashed through his window. He then heard a
"thunder like" sound. Scott Arnette said that Mr. Banks claimed
that no thunderstorms were in the area. The hair on his arm
seemed to stand up. Mr. Banks went outside on the porch and saw
a bright white light or sphere in the sky. An aspirin tablet
held at arm's length would not cover this light. It was
traveling slowly. Then it stopped over a wood line to the east
at about two miles. The light bobbed up and down when a smaller
white light came out from underneath it and bobbed around like
a cork in the water. It also moved around the parent object for
a time, but mostly stayed underneath it. The moon was visible
to the south. He tried to take a picture of the light. G! reg
notified MUFON while this hour long event was going on. Scott
Arnette called the Springboro police but was unable to get
confirmation of the sighting. He asked the police to call him
back, but they never did.

INVESTIGATION -- Investigator Kenny Young reports he contacted
the witness who sounded alert and explained that he had never
seen anything like this before and was not medicated and had
been sober during the event. He asserted his inability to
explain the sighting. His mother, who he said is extremely
religious, also saw the object after he awakened her. She said,
it was "something very unusual." The witness recounted the same
details as he told Bill Jones, and added it was over
Springboro. Interestingly, Greg informs that the sound of
helicopters were heard several minutes into the event while he
was standing in the yard and talking on the phone with Scott in
Louisiana. Greg states that he could not visually see
helicopters or ascertain the source of the helicopter noise. He
was not familiar with any recent UFO sightings. His sighting
has similarities to the recent nearby Waynesville police/UFO
sighting in that the object first appeared near to the witness
and then re! ceded into the distance over a brief period of
time. This location is 25 miles south of Wright Patterson Air
Force Base. The Springboro Police Department advised they had
no relevant UFO sightings. Banks was a friendly and cooperative
witness. Thanks to Scott Arnette, Bill Jones, KENNY YOUNG U F O
R e s e a r c h


DOWNERS GROVE -- A glowing, gold/orange cylinder-shaped object
was observed on August 1, 2001, flying northeast toward Chicago
at 8:15 PM. The area of observation is near O'Hare and Midway
airports, and several jet aircraft were in the area flying in
normal traffic patterns. We noticed the object was flying
nearly at the same altitude of the jet aircraft, but much
faster. The object all at once slowed down as a B-757 aircraft
departed Midway airport, westbound and flew past our position.
We were amazed at this behavior, as if the object was observing
the jet. The object then accelerated to the northeast and
disappeared in a wink as a B-727 came into view from the east.
The 727 entered the O'Hare inbound traffic pattern, flying
downrange and turning 180 degrees to begin a final approach. We
stood in disbelief to what we just witnessed. It seemed that
object was right on top of the 727 and then just vanished.
Based upon my 25 years in the airline industry, knowing aircr!
aft performance, physical characteristics, and traffic patterns
flown by commercial aircraft in this area, I have never seen
such a strange object or vehicle in this area. I am quite
certain the object was not a military or commercial aircraft.
Based upon the following observations: 1) Aircraft operating in
the area were distinguished by familiar physical
characteristics, dark in appearance with wings, landing lights
and anti-collision lights easily seen and flying in a pattern.
2) The object was a glowing, gold/orange cylinder with NO wings
and NO tail section; it changed speeds, and immediately
vanished. I have witnessed UFO's hovering near the ground, and
flying at altitude in the western US I have never seen an
object or UFO enter controlled airspace until this incident,
and frankly, the episode was chilling. I am very concerned
about the possibility of these vehicles colliding with
commercial aircraft. Peter Davenport spoke at length with this
witness, and we found ! him to be quite credible with
considerable experience in the aviation/airline industry.

EVANSTON -- On August 7, 2001, I looked up at 10:20 PM and saw
a streak of light and then it slowed down. I couldn't tell the
exact distance but I would estimate 200 to 300 yards away. It
was traveling very slowly like it was looking for something. I
noticed that there were lights all around the side of the ship.
It was kind of like a Flying Triangle with a broad side in the
front going to a point in the back. The two front tips seemed
to have two brighter lights then the rest. It moved real slow
for about 15-20 seconds, and then streaked off to the north.
All lights on the Triangle were bright hazy white.

WHEATON -- On August 6, 2001, while standing in the backyard of
my sister's home around 4:00 PM, playing with my three year old
nephew, I happened to glance up and saw a round whitish-silvery
circle. It looked about the size of a pinhead from where I
stood, motionless in a clear blue sky. It seemed to be as high
as a commercial jet. I I watched for about a minute, and then
it shot upwards at a rapid speed, which caught me off guard,
causing me to sort of startle, until I could no longer see it.

CHICAGO -- The witness reports, "Ten of my friends were sitting
outside on a patio at 3:15 AM, on August 9, 2001. Twenty
minutes after some of us saw a very bright meteor overhead we
saw an object in the southeast heading northwest at a constant
rate of speed. As it grew closer it appeared to be diamond
shaped and orange in color. It flew directly overhead and at
its closest appeared possibly 3/4 the disk of a full moon.
There was a near full moon this night and I saw it pass in
front of a bright star which confirmed to me that is was indeed
a solid object. It appeared to be luminescent in some fashion,
but the moon was very bright. Several people in the group
described several small points of light, "like the ends of a
fiber optic cable" said one friend (number varies between 6 and
7) offset but surrounding the diamond shape. I very clearly saw
the orange body of the object and it made no noise. Minutes
after the object disappeared from sight an airplane took off
heading east over our heads from O'Hare airport. The comparison
to a low flying commercial airplane was easily dismissed as we
observed blinking navlights on the wing tips of the plane, take
off lights and an audible engine noise. The observed craft had
neither of these. A girl in the group grabbed her 35 mm camera
and took two photographs the UFO as it departed. The group of
witnesses we! re 24 to 30 years of age working in fields from
business to art. Peter Davenport interviewed this witness, and
found him to be an excellent observer and reporter of the

Editor's Note: Radar controllers have been reporting
unidentified flying objects in the approach area to Chicago
airports. Aircraft have been diverted and the radar anomalies
were blamed. I suggest our ground reports from reliable
witnesses indicate UFOs are regularly flying in the area.


WAUSAU -- MUFON John Schuessler reports that some 300 people
called WIFC-FM (95.5) local radio personality Tony Brueske
claiming they had witnessed a mysterious green or blue light
floating over Wausau. WIFC Program Director Danny Wright has
provided MUFON with a CD of calls indicating nearly 500 calls.
They all saw a green or blue light moving north really low in
the sky." "Hi, this is Tina in Antigo," one caller said. "I saw
it, too at 11:20 PM moving north. When I first saw it, it was
almost white, then it was bluish-green." No one can explain why
500 people from Stevens Point to Minocqua, phoned a radio
station to report the light. "I'd say it was probably the
International Space Station (ISS)," said Arnie Nelson, former
director of the planetarium at Wausau West High School. "I
didn't see it, but that's about the timing it would be, and the
brightness." The ISS orbits 250 miles above the Earth, and its
brightness varies with its path and weather conditions.
According to, the ISS passed over Wausau
moving northeast at about 10:30 PM. Thanks to State Director
Chad Lewis and Nicholas D. Roesler Assistant State Director and
"WAUSAU Daily Herald" (8/3/01 By Peter J. Wasson


KELOWNA, BC -- The witness states, "At 11:30 PM, I observed a
disk shaped object hovering silently 500 feet above Dillworth
Mountain on August 7, 2001. The disk had a large red and white
ball of light in the center. The color of the disk appeared
black against the night sky and produced no sound. The object
turned down the illumination of the center red and white ball
of light like a dimmer switch.

VICTORIA, BC -- Peter Davenport phoned me to report on the
August 12, 2001, sighting of a group of UFOs flying in
formation above the city. While going outside for a smoke at
12:15 AM, I noticed five people at the wedding reception
pointing at the sky. Just as we finished discussing the
shooting star, which I had just witnessed, one of the people in
the group yelled, "What is that?" and pointed above us looking
east in the night sky. It was a group of about 6-7 oval shaped
objects traveling in a straight-line formation. They didn't
seem to be lit up by their own luminescence but since they were
traveling over Victoria near the city center it looked as
though the city lights lighted them up. The objects appeared to
be a grayish in color. To my shock there was about 6 or 7 stars
in a hexagonal pattern, but the stars were moving like they
were doing a show. They were in a semicircle and the circle
sort of broke a bit. Then one by one they started to move
farther away and ! sped off at a high rate of speed. The
wedding videographer was able to tape some of the event as we
pointed to the UFOs. The objects continued a slow climb in the
square shape formation. They got smaller and disappeared.
Thanks to Peter Davenport.


CALDWELL -- Jim Henderson of the "Houston Chronicle" 7/31
reports that prize bull mutilations leave Texas ranchers
guessing at the cause. Similar cattle mutilations are reported
in Montana and the West. The prize bulls of Burleson County are
dying. The troubling questions are how and, more importantly,
why. Some ranchers talk of a cult that drains the blood of the
animals for use in satanic rituals. The sheriff believes most
of the animals are dying of natural causes but admits he is
perplexed by some of the circumstances. An investigator for a
cattlemen's association chalks up some of the deaths to thieves
stealing body parts, rather than meat. Cattle have been turning
up dead under what ranchers consider "mysterious" circumstances
at almost predictable intervals -- once or twice a year, around
the time of Halloween or Easter -- for nearly a decade. "I
don't know what it is," said Johnny Lyon, who lost a valuable
Charolais bull last Easter. "It could be a prankster, ! but if
it is the other (a cult) it could be pretty dangerous." Rarely
is there evidence to back them up. Nevertheless, ranchers in
Burleson County believe there is something more than
storytelling going on there. When Lyon found his bull at the
rear of a 300-acre pasture, its abdomen had been split open and
its genitals removed. He said that has been a consistent
pattern in previous incidents. There were no signs -- claw or
teeth marks -- to suggest that his cow had been killed by a
coyote or other predator and "there was not a drop of blood on
the body or the ground," the rancher said. The cause of death
was not apparent; body organs and, sometimes, tongues were
removed while the valuable meat was untouched. In most cases,
the genitals were removed. And, Lyon said, it appeared in each
case that the blood had been drained from the bodies. The
latest deaths have attracted little attention, except among
ranchers. "I haven't heard any talk about it," said Caldwell
Polic! e Chief Virgil Hurt.


ROCKINGHAM -- On July 28, 2001, Brian Richard's phone rang off
the hook for two hours as scores of witnesses reported seeing
five bright orange lights travel slowly over Waikiki and
Warnboro, south of Perth at 8:00 PM. They headed south with one
in front. Three were in a straight horizontal line. The lights
seemed to pulse in unison and faded out beyond Warnboro. They
were observed for some 15 minutes. At 8:30 PM a single orange
light appeared from the north and performed a series of aerial
maneuvers, zigzagging about and moving up and down, side to
side before fading out. At 9:10 PM two more appeared traveling
southeast. One of the callers related his dog was barking
excessively and' running around. This doesn't sound like
pranksters setting off hot air balloons made from orange
garbage bags and paraffin-wax firelighters suspended
underneath. Not one witness out of the twenty I spoke to
believed these were hot air balloons. Thanks to Brian
Richards's brianr@cleo.mur!


TYNESIDE -- UFOzone witness report: I was out walking my dog on
August 11, 2001, around twenty to Twelve at night when I saw
something strange suddenly appear to the right of where I was
walking. I was on Station Road walking with Ralf, my Dog. The
object was strangely glowing. I stood and watched for a few
minutes wondering what it was when I saw a larger object, which
had the same kind of glow to it, come out of no where and
seemingly disappear when it came into contact with the smaller
object. Its not surprising so many people witnessed the event.
The object from what I could make out hovered for some time,
and looked kind of round, but it seemed to change shape every
so often, and move at high speeds up and around the sky. UPDATE
-- Two witnesses reported that the UFO returned, on August 11,
and could be seen over the sea near Tyneside. Witnesses watched
the light for an hour and fifteen minutes and again moving in a
triangular range of motion covering "four fists" ! measured as
the reporter held his arm aloft. Thanks to Dan


AEGEAN SEA -- Two Turkish pilots from the 122nd Squadron while
on a routine training flight in a U.S.-made T-37 off the
coastal town of Candarli notified their home base control tower
that a bright object had approached their plane at high speed
and reportedly gyrated around them for about a half hour on
August 6, 2001. The Turkish newspaper "Hurriyet" quoted their
call: "Object approaching the wings. Now it's behind the plane,
now it's in front of us." They told their controller and the
regional war alert center of the Turkish army that the apparent
Unidentified Flying Object had an unusual shape. 1/Lt. Dincer,
the pilot radioed, "We are facing an unusual situation. We see
an object shaped like a cross between a cone and a disc, with
support legs, extremely luminous and high speed". Later, the
Turkish Air Force announced that the UFO was a weather balloon.
The quakes in the Caspian Sea several months back, were also
accompanied by UFO sightings. Thanks to Cinde Costello ! SSD,

Editor's Note: It was not explained how the pilots could chase
a balloon with support legs for a half hour without being able
to identify it correctly.


MINSK (BELARUS') -- On July 19, 2001, at 11:20 PM, Michael
Goldencov, a journalist, and his girlfriend Olga Korotkina, a
student of Minsk State University noticed a triangle object
high in the night sky of Minsk, Belorussian capital. The guys
walked opposite the Lithuanian Embassy when Michael saw strange
sparkling lights that he first considered to be an aircraft's
signal lights. The object flew making square turns. The shape
of it was triangle with like a police car sparkling big lights
in each corner. Michael and Olga watched the sparkling lights
for two minutes. Michael Goldencov said, "I think that it was
scanning the city and filming it. I am sure that somebody else
had to see it because the object was pretty slow and stayed
above the city. No doubt the police and militaries saw this
object." Thanks to Vadim Deruzhinsky, Editor-in-Chief of the
Secret Researches Analytic Journal


On Sunday night July 29, 2001, at about 11:45 PM, my two
daughters and I witnessed a UFO hovering over the air base in
the north of Singapore. The moon was shining very brightly and
the UFO appeared as an egg or like that of a hamburger bun. The
UFO was silver in color and 25 feet high and about 70 feet
wide. It had 4 huge portholes on its side. The UFO had five
lights spread over the side of the space ship and the lights
were situated between the 4 portholes. The first, third and
fifth lights were small round white lights while the second and
fourth were orange lights. AT the back of UFO was a big red
flashing red light. On the top of the UFO, somewhere mid-ship
is a semi-flat white light that did not flash. The UFO was
hovering about 120 to 160 feet above the ground over the air
base helicopter squadron. The speed of the hovering craft is
estimated at or between 2 to 10 miles per hour. I have 12 years
of naval service and have not seen an air plane capable of
doing! such acts. Thanks to LOOKIN4ET.

Dr. Robert Trundle's "UFOs: POLITICS, GOD AND SCIENCE"
(European Press, 320 pages) is praised by Harvard Medical
School's Dr. John Mack and NASA's Dr. Richard Haines. Dr. Mack
stated, "Only a philosopher could have written [and
defended]... that it is not correct to say that 'descriptions
of a UFO are necessarily wrong because they violate our
scientific theories'." Dr. Haines said "You are about to be
treated to a most interesting journey into... the mysteries
that swirl about the subject of UFO phenomena." By examining
current science, with inclusion of scientists at the US Air
Force Academy, the case for nonhumans visiting earth is that
current science cannot exclude it and that reliable witnesses
affirm the visitation. Besides including witness reports, Dr.
Trundle also sheds new light on science and religion: A
religious and scientific belief system may well be shared at
some level by humans and extraterrestrials in virtue of the
physical nature of the universe. Thi! s suggests that many
alien species are not only more "friend" than "foe" but
biologically similar to humans. Nevertheless, all of these
points are resisted strenuously by most university
professors-those most protected to pursue truth because of the
tenure system. Dr. Trundle, with humor, quotes scathing
comments of his work just because it seriously considers UFOs.
He reveals how a trendy political correctness poses the
greatest obstacle to intelligent investigations of, what would
be, the most astonishing event in human history: the visitation
of nonhumans to earth. This is the first UFO book by a
university philosopher. It can be ordered by e-mail from the
distributor Casalini (, The Book Place
(, or directly from the European
Press for approximately $27.00. More information on the book is
also listed at ""

August 2001 
Return to UFO Folklore !
 * ****
........................................... . . .. * * **