Win Prizes !
Free Music !
Free Tablature !
Image6.jpg (16565 bytes) Win Prizes !
Free Music !
Free Tablature !


Volume 6, Number 13
March 29, 2001
Editor: Joseph Trainor



The Russian space station Mir went out Friday," March 23, 2001,
"in glory, blazing to a public, harmless death over the Pacific

Mir (Russian for peace or world--J.T.) was the largest man-made
object ever to re-enter Earth's atmosphere. The space station
weighed a total of 140 tons.

""As it had while battling a series of near-disasters is space,
Mir captured the world's attention with a re-entry that even
Russian officials acknowledged had the potential to go very,
very wrong. Instead, it went flawlessly."

'Guided by practiced hands at Mission Control outside Moscow,
Mir broke from its orbit early Friday with a 30-minute burst of
its engines that changed the station's trajectory and spelled
its doom."

"The nearly 149-ton Mir crashed into Earth's atmosphere,
breaking apart and burning up. Chunks that survived, some of
them huge, gave onlookers in the South Pacific islands of Fiji
a fireworks show they will likely never forget."

"'We saw five or six fragments with a huge smoke trail that
lasted for 10 to 15 seconds, followed some time later by a
couple of sonic booms,' said Reuters photographer Mark Baker.
'It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.'"

"The twenty tons of debris landed smack on target in a space
junk cemetery of the Pacific, about 1,800 miles (3,000
kilometers) southwest of Pitcairn Island."

"'It occurred in the exact area that the Russian space agency
had predicted, between Australia and Chile,' said David
Templeman, a civil defense official from Australia, one of
several countries in Mir's potential flight path. 'I'm

"Russian officials hailed the operation as a triumphant end to
Mir's 15-year mission. Not only did the Russians prove what they
had been saying all along--that Mir hysteria was
ridiculous--but they also burnished the image of a remarkable
flying machine that had become the punch line of many jokes."

"'Mir proved that Russia cannot just build things but can
operate them, too,' said Yuri Koptov, chief of the Russian Space
Agency. 'Russia is and will remain a space power.'"

"'We want to show the world today that we could still do things
well,' said Alexander Lazutkin, a former Mir cosmonaut who was
one of more than 500 people who crammed into Mission Control to
bid the station goodbye. 'For 15 years, Mir did a lot of
important work, not only for us, but for the whole world.'"

"Vladimir Solovyov, the first commander on board Mir and now
Mission Control chief said, 'Everybody wants me to cry but I

"Russian television and newspapers gave Mir a fond and
respectful send off. Cosmonauts served up anecdotes about life
the so-called joys of life aboard a cramped and stuffy space
vessel that was put together in pieces after its first module
was launched in 1986."

"The station was supposed to last for 'no more than a few
years.' But it survived for fifteen." (See the Chicago Tribune
for March 24, 2001, "Mir's demise safe, stunning," page 3.)


Two U.S. Air Force F-15 C Eagle fighter jets vanished over the
Scottish Highlands Monday, March 26, 2001.

Air controllers at the RAF Lakenheath air base discovered "that
two F-15C fighters were overdue at their home base at
Lakenheath in southern England," UK.

"The jets had been conducting low-level flight training over

"Several hours later, the (U.S.) Air Force said there had been
no word from the two F-15 pilots nor any confirmation of their
fate. The lack of communication suggested a strong possibility
that that they had crashed, officials said."

"The two single-seat F-15s left Lakenheath for a three-hour
sortie over the Scottish Highlands. The jets were over the
Cairngorm Mountains in the Scottish Highlands when they lost
contact with ground controllers. at Lakenheath 75 miles (120
kilometers) northeast of London, Lakenheath spokeswoman Major
Stacee Bako said."

"Air Force spokeswoman Captain Almarah Belk at the Pentagon
said a search-and-rescue mission had been launched from RAF
Kinloss in Scotland."

"A Royal Air Force spokeswoman said two RAF Nimrod
reconnaissance planes and three Sea King helicopters were
searching, helped by two RAF mountain rescue teams on the

On Tuesday, March 27, 2001, according to the 2 p.m. report on
USA Radio News, USAF and RAF search-and-rescue efforts in the
Cairngorm Mountains "have been hampered by severe weather,"
including winds of up to 50 miles per hour (80 kilometers per
hour) and heavy snowfall. Cold and fog in the area also "caused
severe whiteout conditions, limiting visibility," the report

As of this writing, the two missing aircraft have not been
found. (See USA Today for March 27, 2001, "For U.S. military
aviation, a dark day," page 10A.)

(Editor's Comment: Uh-oh! Let's keep an eye on this case. It
sounds like another Sheffield case.)

(NOTE: This bulletin was obviously typed up before the
discovery of the wreckage was found - J.H.   UFOINFO)


"Felix Rodriguez and Noris Lozada complained to police that in
the early morning hours of Wednesday, March 21, 2001, they
heard a noise coming from the chickens they keep in the backyard
of their residence located in the Bonest sector of the barrio
Miradero" in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico "and 26 dead birds were
found in the dawn hours."

"Officer Wilson Montes of the Mayaguez police district
responded to the scene where the dead chickens were found while
Carlos Diaz and Ferdinand Avila of the Recinto Universitario de
Mayaguwz (RUM) examined the animals carefully and even took one
of them to perform a necropsy and establish a cause of death."

"Diaz told (the Puerto Rican newspaper) Primera Hora that it
could be the handiwork of an ape weighing between 12 and 15
pounds, given that primate hair was found near the chicken

"Furthermore, the prints of a two-legged, hooved animal were
found in the backyard, and one of the chickens displayed a bite
mark from a rounded tooth in its breast."

"The residents' backyard is near the Mayaguez Zoological

Diaz "explained that the scenario was not compatible with the
attack of a wild dog but rather with the presence of a primate
since the dead chickens were aligned next to each other, single
file, and were not eaten."

"Several weeks ago, another resident of Mayaguez's barrio
Miradero identified as Rodriguez Lozada complained to Officer
Montes, who has become a 'Chupacabra researcher' as a result of
years of investigating such cases, that she had seen one.

Last year, another resident of barrio Miradero complained that
she had seen an ape looking into her window. It later turned
out that apes had been jumping the fence at the Mayaguez zoo and
stealing bananas and other fruit from the homes of neighbors.

(Editor's Note: A similar case occurred a few years ago near
the Monkey Jungle just south of Miami, Florida.)

Montes's investigation is continuing. (See the newspaper
Primera Hora of San Juan, P.R. for March 23, 2001, "Chupacabra
exsanguinates chickens." Muchas gracias a Scott Corrales, autor
de los libros Chupacabras and Other Mysteries and Forbidden
Mexico para eso articulo de diario.)


On Monday, March 12, 2001, at 2 a/m., two men spotted a
dazzling UFO near the intersection of Routes 1 and 172 in
Caguas, Puerto Rico.

The two witnesses, men named Serrano and Leon, were sitting on
a porch in the barrio Beatriz of Caguas, facing the
intersection, "when they saw a bright light heading towards them
from the mountains near Aguas Buenas and over Highway (Route)

"The object's brightness increased as it approached. It flew at
low altitude over a farm located some 15 meters (50 feet) from
where the witnesses sat. The object was flying from north to
south, and then vanished over Cerro Las Pinas (hill)."

"The witnesses did not notice any unusual smells related to the
event, but reported that the sighting left an odd taste in
their mouths, like 'holding a battery between one's lips.' They
also heard an imperceptible buzzing sound , like that of bees,
which accompanied the event."

Strangest of all, Serran and Leon saw that the object "appeared
to have something like luminous mirrors clinging to the bottom
section which seemed to rotate. They estimated that the size of
the object was 10 meters (33 feet) in length."

The men complained that the UFO's brightness was "painful to
look at" and therefore could not make out any definite shape.
(Muchas gracias a Orlando Pla y Lucy Guzman, y tambien Scott
Corrales, para esas informaciones.)


On Sunday, March 18, 2001, at 7:43 p.m., Eben Lekson was at his
parents' home in the Niu Valley near Honolulu, the state
capital of Hawaii, when he spotted a strange bright light in the

I was looking up towards the sky because it was such a clear
night," Eben reported, "and I saw an object approaching from
the west. So I swung around and saw another object approaching
from the east. And then I saw yet another object approaching
from the north."

"Immediately I told my parents, who came outside and saw the
objects. I called my friend, whose parents are astronomers, and
they were stumped because they had not heard of any meteor
shower or the (International) Space Station passing over." Also
it was not a plane because it had no lights flashing, and their
altitude was at least just outside the atmosphere," about 100
miles or 160 kilometers overhead. (Email Form Report)


On Thursday, March 15, 2001, just after 9 p.m., residents of
Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, not far from Pittsburgh,
were "jolted by a loud mysterious boom. Residents from Level
Green, Pa. and Harrison, City, Pa. in Penn Township reported
hearing and feeling what appeared to be an explosion."

"Emergency personnel responded to the area after Westmoreland
County 911 began receiving reports from local residents. The
event reportedly caused local people to run outside to see what
had caused the event."

"No natural gas leaks were found by the local utility firm. The
National Weather Service in Pittsburgh had located some
lightning in the area between 8 and 9 p.m. but to my knowledge
no active thunderstorms were occurring in the area at that

On Monday, March 19, 2001, at 7:50 p.m., a UFO was sighted in
Homer City, Pa., southwest of Pittsburgh "A witness observed an
odd light source in the sky towards the south and was described
as 'a wide band of bright light,' This band of light began to
move east. It then made a clockwise loop and it continued to
rotate until it had returned to the point at which it had
started the loop movement. At this point, the band immediately
changed and became just a white dot, a steady white light which
quickly turned to a red color. The red light then began a
series of 10 to 12 zigzagging maneuvers as it moved towards the
southeast. Suddenly the red light vanished." (Many thanks to
Pennsylvania ufologist Stan Gordon for these reports.)


A U.S. Army RC-12 twin-engine propeller aircraft "used to
identify and locate enemy radar (i.e. gather electronic
intelligence or ELINT--J.T.) and electronic communications
crashed in a forest about 8 miles (13 kilometers) from
Nuremberg," a city in Germany's Bayern (Bavaria) region. The
crash, which took place on Monday, March 26, 2001, killed both
Army pilots aboard, according to Army spokeswoman Hilde Patton
from Fifth Corps headquarters at Heidelberg.

"German and American authorities at the scene were attempting
to recover the pilots' remains from the crash scene, Patton

"There was no initial indication of what caused the crash."
(See USA Today for March 27, 2001, "For U.S. military aviation,
a dark day," page 10A.) (Editor's Comment: Two fighter jets
missing in Scotland. An ELINT plane downed in Germany. It could
simply be a coincidence. Then again, there may be something
going on, saucer wise, in Europe.)


New Age psychic Steve Jones has made his predictions for the
year 2001 available to readers of UFO Roundup.

Jones is a researcher of UFOs, crop circles and other
paranormal phenomena. He has a show, on the Psychic Growth

And he has a "big bad bear story" for stock market investors.

"There will be panic in the world economy as one country has
its monetary establishment on the verge of collapse," Jones
wrote, "That country is Japan, and it will take the rest of the
world to bring some measure of salvation to that economy.
However, the seeds of fear will be deeply planted and many
countries will shrink back from over-committing themselves."

There will be a worldwide collapse of the Internet sometime in
June," he added, "due to the introduction of a near-invisible
virus. The Internet will be forced to shut down until an
anti-virus can be found."

Around the world, the weather will continue to cause concern ,
as droughts, foods and tornados increase. Doomsters will say
that this is the beginning of the end, but there is a light at
the end of the tunnel. Towards the end of the year, the weather
will settle down and normal patterns will re-emerge."

Jones does see hope for the future.

""A young boy will appear during the coming year with a
knowledge and understanding far beyond his years. He will
become the new hope for the future. of the world and the
environment. Could this be the Second Coming? In just a few
years, I foresee him becoming the first World President. There
will be those who want him out of the scene, but the public will
take him into their hearts."

Speaking of "bears," last week's fall of the Russian space
station Mir fulfilled an ancient Hopi prophecy.

The Hopi are an indigenous people of the southwestern USA.
According to Chief White Feather of the Hopi's Bear Clan, there
are Nine Prophecies that will be fulfilled before "the end of
the Fourth World and the beginning of the Fifth World."

(Editor's Note: The Nokaig are the Bear Clan of the Anishinabe
people. The words for bear are makwah in Anishinabe and mato in

Chief White Feather said, "The Fourth World will end soon, and
the Fifth World shall begin. This the (tribal) elders
everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled
and only a few are left."

For example, the Fourth Sign of the Hopi states, "The land will
be crossed with snakes of iron."

This prophecy was fulfilled at Promontory Point, Utah in 1869
with the linkup of the first transcontinental railroad in the

Amazingly, the Hopi elders seem to have predicted the coming of
the chemtrails a couple of years ago. "This is the Fifth
Sign--the land will be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

But the fall of Mir clearly fulfills one of the last Signs.

"And this is the ninth and Final Sign--you will hear of a
dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall
with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon
after this, the ceremonies of the Hopi people will come to an

Finally, during the past couple of weeks, your editor has had
two identical dreams of what I call the "Great Lakes Disaster."

The first dream took place in the early morning hours of
Wednesday, March 14, 2001. I dreamed I was at a motel. and I
was on my way to breakfast. I asked the desk clerk if they had a
cafeteria on the premises, and he said there was one "at the
Convention Center on the point."

So I stepped out of the motel into a cold overcast march
morning. It was cold, and there was still an inch of snow on
the parking lot, but it wasn't as cold as it gets in mid-winter.
I can still see the center in my mind's eye--a multi-story
light gray building on a sandspit overlooking one of the Great
lakes. But I do not know which lake. I have never been to this
place before. There's only one stretch of Lake Superior shore I
haven't visited, and that's the Ontario shore from Nipigon
through Thunder Bay down to the Pigeon River and the USA border.
But it wasn't Thunder Bay. From the shore, you can see the
"Sleeping Giant," or Sibley Peninsula, and in the dream there
was only open lake beyond the building.

On my way across the parking lot, I noticed the wind picking up
and saw many whitehorse waves offshore. Waves about six feet
high were hitting the beach and the breakwall on the far side of
the center. Then bigger waves started coming in, right over the
sand beach and gushing across the parking lot. People began
getting in their cars and driving away. I waited until a wave
washed within three feet of my snowboots, and then I abandoned
all desire to eat breakfast at the center.

I started running down a two-lane street, past many one-story
frame houses with bare-limbed maples and elms and evergreen
trees in the yard. Fleeing cars were going by me on my left. I
could hear the surf getting louder behind me. I saw some people
standing on the porch of a yellow house. Gasping for breath, I
joined them. A guy in his twenties with close-cropped blond hair
and wearing a Green Bay Packers jacket asked me what was going
on. I told him, "The lake is flooding the parking lot. And the
water's rising."

"Let it rise," he replied, "It'll never get this far. We're a
quarter-mile from the beach."

Breathing hard, I listened carefully. The surf was getting
louder. I gasped, "Yes, it will!" And I started running again.

A few blocks later, I stopped and looked back. I could see
waves on the horizon, at about the point where the yellow house
stood. Three cars were barreling towards me. I tried to flag
them down, but they went right by--a red Ford pickup truck and
two compact sedans. I started running again.

Then I saw two steel booms poking above the houses ahead. A
bridge! I thought. I hung a left and ran down a small side
street, past a red-and-white barrier and onto a steel ramp.
Whoops! My mistake! It wasn't a bridge--it was a ferry dock.
But the ferry was long gone. I looked across the channel, maybe
a mile or two wide, and saw the whitecapped waves rolling
ashore, battering the forested mainland.

Then I woke up.

The second dream took place during the early morning hours of
Friday, March 23, 2001. This one was much shorter. This time, I
dreamed I was back in that lakeside parking lot again. Right in
front of me, much closer, was the exact same light gray
convention center. Frightened and shouting people were running
up from the beach, trying to get away from the incoming waves,
running to their cars. I watched the lake water surge right up
the sand, over the rock wall and gush onto the asphalt.

Dodging the icy-cold spray, I ducked inside the spacious lobby
of the convention center. The people at the concession stand
were shutting down all of the electrical equipment--cookers,
popcorn machine, microwave ovens. The noise of the surf was
deafening. The building shook every time it was hit by a wave.
I knew it couldn't stand up to the full fury of the lake.

A crowd of people emerged from one of the ballrooms or banquet
halls, with the children in the front. They were terrified. The
children dug in their heels, afraid to go outside. Some of the
adults hesitated, too. "No, no!" I shouted, "You've got to run
for it. Get going! Run across the lot--now! You must get to the
high ground."

And then I woke up.

One "Big Wave" dream is scary enough. But two in the same week,
featuring identical locales unknown to me, is really strange. I
don't know where this gray convention center is. It could be
somewhere in Ontario or perhaps in the USA's states of Michigan
or Wisconsin. But one thing is certain. If those dreams ever
come true, that building is not a good place to be, believe me!
(Many thanks to Steve Jones and Maggie Pym for their emails.)

 From the UFO Files...


This report was submitted at the time by Mrs. Donna Blaisdell
(actual name on file at the Center for UFO Studies in
Chicago--J.T.) and was reprinted in Dr. J. Allen Hynek's book.

"Even at the risk of being called hysterical, hallucinated or
worse, I feel I must make record, on my oath as a woman, an
American and a member of the human race, of the following:"

"That I was in full possession of my senses and my sanity at
the time, and all during the time, of my seeing this object,
which lasted for at least one minute."

"That I saw the object at a distance of not more than 150 yards
at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6, 1957, first from a rear
window and then from the back yard of our home on the road from
Great Meadows to Hope, New Jersey."

"That the weather was clear under a low overcast and the
position of the object hovering in the air over the slope below
our house was such that I could see it--with absolute certainty
and with concentrated effort to observe and remember every

"That my attention was first drawn to the object's presence by
our dogs barking in their pens behind the house, and by their
looking upward at the object, as they and I continued to do so
easily until the object departed."

"That the shape of the object closely resembled that of a huge
derby hat but with a rounded domelike crown 30 to 40 feet (9 to
12 meters) high and at least 50 feet (15 meters) in horizontal
diameter above a slightly curled-up 'brim' that extended
outward for 12 to 15 feet (4 to 5 meters) from the bottom of
the crown. The brim or bottom surface of the object appeared to
be sealed over smoothly and completely to a gentle curve, with
no holes or ports or windows or vents of any kind, of which I
could see none anywhere else on the entire object."

"That, in the absence of any openings into it, I could see no
beings, humans or otherwise, inside the object who might be
operating and riding in it, and no crew or passengers were
visible on the object's exterior during its visit."

"That the color of the object, all over, was uniform white,
dull but clean, with no spots, stripes or other markings
whatsoever. Its texture was apparently non-metallic but reminded
me strongly of pipe clay."

"That a moderate breeze, from the northeast, I think, was
blowing in which the object hovered quite stationary except for
a gentle rocking motion, like a boat at anchor on water. As the
object rocked and in the same cadence it made a low growling or
rumbling sound that rose or fell irregularly."

"That beneath the object, extending vertically toward the
ground, I seemed to see, and then not see, and then see again a
lot of streamers or lines of some material (or force) that
twinkled like the fragile strands of tinsel with which one
decorates a Christmas tree."

(Editor's Note: Critics might say Mrs. B was watching too much
Star Trek. Yet she wrote this description in 1957, nine years
before Star Trek premiered on NBC in September 1966. This
"dazzle field" effect has been described by other UFO
eyewitnesses, too.)

"That without any marked change of sound except a soft rush of
air, sucking away and not blowing toward me, the object
abruptly ascended almost vertically, slightly northeasterly at
immense speed into thick cloud (maybe 300 feet up?) and was
instantly gone from sight and hearing." (See the book The Hynek
UFO Report by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Dell Books, New York, N.Y.,
third printing March 1978, pages 153 and 153.)

Well, that's it for this week. Join us in seven days for more
UFO and paranormal news from "the paper that goes home--UFO
Roundup." See you next week!

UFO ROUNDUP: Copyright 2001 by Masinaigan Productions, all
rights reserved. Readers may post news items from UFO Roundup
on their websites or in newsgroups provided that they credit the
newsletter and its editor by name and list the date of issue in
which the item first appeared. E-Mail Reports to: Joseph Trainor
<Masinaigan@aol.com> or use the Sighting Report Form at:


April 2001 
Return to UFO Folklore !
 * ****
........................................... . . .. * * **

RD  http://www.artgomperz.com/freemusic/

RD  http://www.artgomperz.com/rockabillymusic/